Getting to the Manchester United Old Trafford football stadium from Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport couldn’t be easier. The M56 is just a few minutes away leading directly on to the M60 (N&W)
- At junction 7&8, take the A56 exit to Stetford.
- Continue straight on to A5181. After 1.5 miles take a right on to Westinghouse Rd and then take the 2nd exit onto Europa Gate.
- From here Old Trafford football stadium is signposted and is reachable within a few minutes drive.
Train and Tram
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport is located just next to Manchester Airport train station.
- From the train station the easiest route to get the train to Manchester Piccadilly.
- From here you can get the Metrolink towards Altrincham, after 5 stops you will reach Old Trafford Metrolink, this takes about 17 minutes.
- From the Metrolink station it is just a few minutes’ walk to the stadium.
Another option is to get the tram from Manchester Piccadilly to Trafford Bar Metrolink, this is usually a less busy route! Take the tram heading towards Etihad stadium and you will reach Trafford Bar Metrolink in about 15 minutes, Old Trafford is signposted from here.
Reaching the Old Trafford stadium from Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport via bus takes a little longer than driving or getting the train or tram.
- From the bus station at Manchester Airport train station you can the number 43 stagecoach bus, route Airport – Wythenshawe – Withington.
- After 55 minutes you reach the Chorlton upon Medlock stop
- Walk a few minutes to Booth Street.
- From here you get the number 250 stagecoach bus towards Old Trafford, after 12 minutes you will reach your destination.
For traffic updates and for detailed routes please check AA route planner.LESS INFORMATION